Always say “please and thank you”. Have you heard that before? Only a gazillion times as a child right? So why are you forgetting you manners in your business? They are your strategy to repeat customers.
Listen, we all know trying to build an online business takes a lot of work and for that reason it’s very easy to get caught up in the steps. Maybe you have a list of five things you must do a day to build your list. Or perhaps you have three social media building steps you do daily to drive traffic. Everything you do to build your business is important but if you forget your manners none of it matters.
Remember to thank your customers and potential clients regularly. People love to be recognized and feel appreciated so when:
- someone subscribes to your newsletter – say thanks.
- a new subscriber signs up for a bonus offer – say thanks.
- someone joins your fan page on FB – say thanks.
- if you gain a new follower on Twitter – say thanks.
- you reply or send an email – say thanks.
- someone comments on your blog – say thanks.
- you get tagged on FB or Instagram – say thanks.
- somebody gives you good feedback – say thanks.
Every step of the way say thanks. Thank them for connecting to you .
Take the time to thank them for taking time out of their busy day to connect with you. A simple thank you will generate more business.
I love to send personal handwritten cards to new clients for signing up for my program or service. This adds a personal touch and eliminates the automation of online marketing.
How do you let your connections know you appreciate them?